Here are some of the projects I have built or am working on. You may find something of
interest or something that helps you out.
- aRdTOS A small and simple Real Time Operating
System for the Arduino. Simplify timing issues in your sketches.
- Sweet 2016 Virtual Machine, Woz style, circa
1976. Relooked and reimplemented, with thoughts on what might have been.
- AVR COG The AVR Character Overlay Generator. This
was my entry into the 2004 Circuit Cellar and Atmel AVR design contest. It accepts a
video signal input and overlays up to 6 lines of 20 characters each on top of the text.
The design is meant to be cheap and minimal. It has some flaws, the biggest is it is
very sensitive to the video signal level.
- emBASIC (Work in Progress) An efficient, simple
and portable BASIC compiler for embedded systems. Planned targets for AVR and ARM,
with a Linux and Windows (compiled/interpreted) version for development.
- NXP LPC ARM microcontroller tools I am building
some development tools for NXP's ARM microcontrollers. There is still much to be
done but they are working
- Work holder An easy to build, cheap, and sturdy
- BDK-8e -- A Digital Equipment Corporation PDP-8e clone work
- Follow the Leader. He's on a Honda
- PF-BDK: Epson PX-8 disk drive (PF-10 / TF-20) emulator.
- Little Bin -- A true binary clock that is also
I have decided to embark on combining a lot of my writing into some books. There is
long way to go, but I will post drafts here. Feedback is welcome, and will encourage
me to continue. If you like what you see and want to see more, please let me know.
- Introduction to Electronics Here is an
early draft of the first chapter. Take a look so you can see what the book is
all about. Feedback is strongly encouraged. I want to know how it can be
- Introduction to Buiding Embedded Devices This is a
VERY early draft that isn't even very coherent yet. But you can get an idea what to
expect. Intended to take someone with basic electronics knowledge and teach them how
to build and program small embedded devices.