I did not create these. I picked up a small poster of this at a hamfest
many years ago. The citation from the original is at the bottom
Ten Commandments of Electronics
- I. Beware of the lightning that lurketh in an undischarged capacitor,
lest it cause thee to be bounced on thy buttocks in a most ungentlemanly
- II. Cause thou the switch that supplies large quantitites of juice
to be opened and thusly tagged, so thy days may be long on this earthly
vale of tears.
- III. Prove to thyself that all circuits that radiateth and upon
which thou worketh are grounded, lest they lift thee to high-frequency
potential and cause thee to radiateth also.
- IV. Take care that thou useth the proper method when thou taketh
the measure of high-voltage circuits so that thou doth not incinerate
both thee and thy meter; for verily, though thou has no account number
and can easily be replaced, the meter doth have one, and as a
consequence, bringeth much woe unto the supply department.
- V. Tarry thou not amongst those who engage in intentional shocks,
for they are surely nonbelievers and are not long for this world.
- VI. Take care thou tampereth not with interlocks and safety devices,
for this will incur the wrath of thy seniors and bringeth the fury of
the safety officer down about thy head and shoulders.
- VII. Work thou not on energized equipment, for if thy doeth, thy
buddies will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in
other ways not generally acceptable to thee.
- VIII. Verily, verily I say unto thee, never service high-voltage
equipment alone, for electric cooking is a slothful process and thou
might sizzle in thine own fat for hours before thy Maker sees fit to
drag thee unto His fold.
- IX. Trifle thou not with radioactive tubes and substances lest
thou commence to glow in the dark like a lightning bug, and thy wife
be frustrated nightly and have no further use for thee except
- X. Commit thou to memory the works of the prophets, which are
written in the instruction books, which giveth the straight dope and
which consoleth thee, and thou canst not make mistakes.
Rick Curl, Chief Engineer
Product Design -- Research -- Development
Computer-Aided Schematic Capture -- Computer Aided Printed Circuit Layout
PO Box 191 Birmingham Al 35201 205 681 9999