Read. Laugh. Remember
I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked
like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.
I thought it might be a good idea to share this. I wish I could
take credit for it, but I didn't write it. The author is listed
at the bottom.
Ten Commandments of Electronics
- Beware of the lightning that lurketh in an undischarged capacitor,
lest it cause thee to be bounced on thy buttocks in a most
- Cause thou the switch that supplies large quantitites of juice
to be opened and thusly tagged, so thy days may be long on this earthly
vale of tears.
- Prove to thyself that all circuits that radiateth and upon which
thou worketh are grounded, lest they lift thee to high-frequency
potential and cause thee to radiateth also.
- Take care that thou useth the proper method when thou taketh the
measure of high-voltage circuits so that thou doth not incinerate both
thee and the meter; for verily, though thou has no account number and
can easily be replaced, the meter doth have one, and as a consequence,
bringeth much woe unto the supply department.
- Tarry thou not amongst those who engage in intentional shocks,
for they are surely nonbelievers and are not long for this world.
- Take care thou tampereth not with interlocks and safety devices,
for this will incur the wrath of thy seniors and bringeth the fury of
the safety officer down about thy head and shoulders.
- Work thou not on energized equipment, for if thy doeth, thy
buddies will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in
other ways not generally acceptable to thee.
- Verily, verily I say unto thee, never service high-voltage
equipment alone, for electric cooking is a slothful process and thou
might sizzle in thine own fat for hours before thy Maker sees fit to
drag thee unto His fold.
- Trifle thou not with radioactive tubes and substances lest thou
commence to glow in the dark like a lightning bug, and thy wife be
frustrated nightly and have no further use for thee except thy wage.
- Commit thou to memory the works of the prophets, which are
written in the instruction books, which giveth the straight dope and
which consoleth thee, and thou canst not make mistakes.
Rick Curl, Chief Engineer
Product Design -- Research -- Development
Computer-Aided Schematic Capture -- Computer Aided Printed Circuit Layout
PO box 1445
Pinson, AL 35126
I received an email from Rick Curl this morning. He said he had
stumbled across this site and sent me an update. He gave a new address
and mentioned that he is still in business. I was delighted. This
document has brought me a great deal of pleasure ever since I got it in
the early 80s at a Hamfest.
Small Time Electronics
Your Source for Custom Electronics, Projects, and Information
© 2020 William R Cooke